Sunday, November 3, 2019

Journey to Web Programming

After my big project began to finalize, I decided to quit my day job as controller.  In the meantime I had the opportunity to participate in an intensive Web-Development class locally, organized by a local Software Company.

https://www.smartware-academy.ro/

Lessons learned during the 12 week course were:
  • html with css (for me css was quite new!!)
  • Javascript, basics, classes, algorithms
  • Node.js with MySQL for back-end
  • we constructed a Note-manager, a small application similar to a mini-blog, called Smart Notes
This was an excellent opportunity! I learned JS here from scratch - really focusing on technique and self-discipline. I took all the steps slowly but steadily, almost every day exercising, doing challenges etc.

Node.js is fantastic for creating fast back-end projects. We used simple node.js web-apis to get and post data to the mysql database (notes, users, pictures).

Tools used:
- Cloud 9
- VS Code
- no CSS framework
- html and css written in "notepad" style
- NodeJS with express.s


This journey lead me to deepen my interest to web-programming, the MEAN stack in special.
 
I did this course while finalizing my big project, mentioned in my first two posts. I do think I added a lot to my C# knowledge, and I recognize Javascript is the biggest discovery for me in 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment