Monday, November 4, 2019

What I like about C#?

C# has been my main language of choice. I use this for my big database application, and have played with it to build some Rest API and also for Razor Pages.

It is an awesome, all-round language.


My main sources to learn it:
1. Google/stackoverflow
2. https://www.iamtimcorey.com/
3. general tutorials and questions from the internet

The nice part about the language is:
- structured, logical
- it has LINQ to manage lists - fantastic!!
- IDE from VStudio 2019 is more than helpful
- lots of tutorials/error situations on google

The less ideal part about the language is:
- linked to .NET ecosystem, you have to be lucky to find some solutions online
- could be more free tutorials tailored for beginners
- struggled to find some good live courses in the neighborhood, I needed to learn alone
- some learning curve - maybe the first year in 2017 and early 2018 (1-2 hours per week, without supervision)

What do you think about the easy and hard parts? Any ideas how to deepen my knowledge?

No comments:

Post a Comment