Sunday, November 3, 2019

My Background - from Zero to Hero!

Hi All,

I appreciate that you are checking out my journey to software development.
As a first step, I want to mention that I possess no degree in computer science. During my high school years, programming was taught in weekly 4-6 classes, so it was an intense experience! But afterwards, I studied finance at college, and programming remained a hobby, some excel macros and SQL queries, maybe Access databases.

During 2017, I got encouraged to create an internal system in my former company. It was about automating an internal cost recharge process! Of course, the choice was an SQL database, and a Windows application.

The rest is history.

PS: 
As for fall of 2019 the application was sold to that company, and I quit my day-job as a finance controller!!! Today I am a self-employed programmer in my natal city, and besides my second big project, I do learn new stuff almost weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment